Monday, October 18, 2010

As someone who doesn’t really care about his appearance what is the appeal in wearing anything but plain blank t-shirts?

I wore blank t-shirts for a long period in fact before I developed “net skills”. I enjoy being able to express my personality though through what I wear (as those who have seen Bernays’ role in “The Century of the Self” might deconstruct), and I think that people are more disarmed by interesting visuals than a lack of stimuli (though now I have a lot more expensive and refined "adult-wear" thanks to dress code restrictions), I was always quite reluctant to wear Nike brand clothing but that’s what I was given as a teen and I didn’t have a job to buy other stuff, so I was content to dress like my friend AF for a while, who made simple clothing and complex ideas his trademark.

No comments:

Post a Comment