Monday, October 18, 2010

Even as a cheapskate, why is it that you bike everywhere in the rain, snow, sleet, and hottest periods in cap and gown, formal wear, Halloween costume or every imaginable circumstance? Don’t you have a car?

I am an environmentalist, and also something of a health nut. Biking, like not using elevators, overeating, or drinking coffee is both good for the body and keeps CO2 out of the atmosphere, something that over the years I have developed quite a passion for. My comfort bicycling probably comes from not having a car in high school and riding in
Ragbrai across my state several times in sometimes unfavorable weather, and I am often gawked at for balancing several plastic bags on my handlebars and a backpack full of food on the way back to my place of residents from the grocery, it is not as hard as it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment