Monday, October 18, 2010

Isn't this the group that worships Ray Kurzweil?

The singularitarians certainly seem to at times! I temper my idealism with a quite healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to whether any of the grand designs of the party leaders will ever come to full and glorious fruition... especially within my lifetime. The realities of climate change policy and logical positivist research grants are bleak, and artificial intelligence developments get stalled very frequently- which is why I feel it more likely that the human mind will be expanded with technology long before computers gain consciousness, although the next forty years is certainly a nice mark to aim for. :-)


I have friends all over the political spectrum on every major issue (all of them, trust me) but generally I am able to find compromises with each on the promise of new developments in our technical knowledge and abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment