Monday, October 18, 2010

Man you were important...

I know, if I died the entire administration would just crumble to the ground. I'm glad I was afforded opportunities to network and help the community, but Givewell.org makes a good point about many charities absorbing more money that they should, and some being set up more to make the participants feel good than actually make a difference in the lives of others. That is something one runs into a great deal in college service, which is why I dedicate more of my time to my more secret organizational factions:

Kiva
Repower America
The Methuselah Foundation
The Iowa City Foreign Relations Council
World Transhumanism Association
Humanity +
Edge
Oceana
Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies
and I remain interested in new fighting styles after studying Tai Kwon Do, Kung Fu, and Tai Chi.

No comments:

Post a Comment