Monday, October 18, 2010

Don't you hate babies for using so many resources? AND... What if you saved us all from Hitlerbaby?

I was a baby once! While acknowledging the cost in destruction, if I were in a committed relationship and my mate asked me to create a life with them, if I could foresee this bringing lasting benefit to that person that I truly cared about beyond the arguments linked to how could I refuse? As Patricia Highsmith is quick to mention both having babies and not having babies can fill your life with everlasting regret and many non-beneficial outcomes depending on mindset and a wide array of situational variants so it is difficult to weigh in many cases, and we also as a consequence loose upon the Earth relentless baby-making machines like my friend AH

This is my friend AH, in a picture taken by accomplice TH

who do little else but ENDLESSLY MULTIPLY, putting even "The Duggars" to shame with secret rows of re-appropriated barracks filled with an army of hundreds of GPS-tagged offspring, who freeze in place from time to time to stare up wonderingly at the giant movie screens to receive instructions or protocol as to infiltrate sporting venues and steal basketball or football paraphernalia; but still, I am not a close-limit malthusian. With technological pragmatism (moving away from how we live currently) the Earth may support more than sixteen billion, the likelihood of our ability to do this as we run out of water and arable land however leads to the wider possibility of a dark age.

I had no evidence of a Hitlerbaby or Gandhibaby, complex environmental pressures tend to determine these instantiations as events develop. It was in all likelihood going to be a normal person.

No comments:

Post a Comment