Monday, October 18, 2010

Insufficient to overcome my status quo bias...

Inattention and carelessness stem from the roots of intellectual laziness, ignorance, and an inattention to suffering in others, as time went on this heedlessness continued as it still does to this day. Since life "is more exciting" when you sluff weighing consequences or attending to details (much as I would often procrastinate formerly on easy assignments until the very last minute to inject them with a danger and urgency instead of attempting them with the full power of my abilities) a friend of mine in high school committed suicide because he had no one to talk to, a friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend (another friend) thinking that I had told her we were going to be together when I was nodding thoughtfully and not listening to a word she was saying, artists I've known are given bland and polite encouragements when real or interesting criticisms might better suit their developmental comportment (to the loss of the entire world), the badly misinformed are sometimes left to stew in their delusions because upsetting their way of thinking would make me sad because it would make them sad, poor arguments put against my reasoning go unfixed when the points could be easily strengthened (not a straw man, but a manure man), since no one knows about these

but I am arrogant! Ignorance mixed with laziness again allows in me the assumption that any problem I deign to flower can be remedied easily with a quick counter-solution. It works some times... Why worry about zugzwang?

No comments:

Post a Comment