Monday, October 18, 2010

What other websites do you read?

Ranking once more, For news I generally check

Reuters
Global Voices
The Associated Press
CNN
FAS Strategic Security Blog
WikiLeaks
Cryptome
Project Syndicate
The Browser
MesoFacts
More Intelligent Life
National Geographic

For Neuroscience I read

MindHacks
Neurophilosophy
NeuroAnthropology
The Frontal Cortex
Neurotopia
Psychology Today
LiteMind [they have virus problems unfortunately]
MetaPsychology
NeuroCritic
The Splintered Mind
Barking Up the Wrong Tree
Sharp Brains
The Accidental Mind Blog

For Bonus Science I visit

New Scientist
Scientific American
American Scientist [ALWAYS one after the other :-D ]
Edge.org
Discover (and associated blogs)
PhysOrg
arXiv
TierneyLab
Futurity
Seed
Nature
Science
Science News
Science Daily
The Wolfram Blog
Brookhaven Bits & Bites
The Weizmann Wave

For Technological Developments I view

Wired
Ars Technica
H+
Quiet Babylon
Imminst
Endgadget [Until the EndGadget comes I am not buying an up-to-date phone]
Just Enough Cryptography
The Technoprogressive Bulletin
Sentient Developments
K21st
Space Collective
Superhappiness
The Anders Transhumanism Page

For Literary Edification I abscond to

Wowio
Project Gutenburg
The Literary Review
The New York Review of Books
Arts and Letters Daily
The Literature Network
The Smart Set
n + 1
wood s lot
STORG

For Environmental or Social Concerns I go to

EcoGeek
Tree Hugger
World Changing
Guilty Planet
Union of Concerned Scientists
Good
FreeRice [My Homepage]
Kiva
TheWorldCommunityGrid
Soles4Souls (when I gots shoes)

For Artistic Inundation I move to

Lens Culture
Yanko Design
BibliOddyssy
Cabinet
Flickr (Surfing)
[1 random google image search a day until I find something amazing, to add to a collection]

For Pictures that Move I watch

Nova
NovaScienceNow
Frontline
TED
BigThink
Bloggingheads
Wholphin
Youtube Viewing Room

For Auditory Actuation I heed

Neuropod
WNYC RadioLab
Radio Open Source
Marketplace of Ideas
The Science Podcast
Escape Pod
Pandora
KRUI Stream
KURE Stream
All Music Considered (recently recommended to me by my friend DC)

This is a picture of my friend DC.

and for fun I run to

Cribzero
AmesForce (Defunct Proboard)
UIowa Freethinkers Forum (Defunct)
Overcoming Bias
Less Wrong
Paleo-Future
HalfBakery
Damn Interesting (Defunct)
The Philsopher's Magazine
ChowHound
Pharyngula
Project Reason

On a non-regular basis I probably visit three times more pages as they are linked to the topics of these sites, and I also have subscriptions to Discover, National Geographic, SciAm Mind, Smithsonian (occasionally given to me as a gift for some reason), and the ever-informative Mensa Magazine, which may in fact be the least intellectually rigorous magazine in the history of human discourse; Much like "The Daily Iowan" I feel bad that I unwillingly help pay for its production. I'm very sorry, humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment