Monday, October 18, 2010

Even so as a hard determinist you must acknowledge the odds of someone at bad levels still being able to carry out social intercourse with a significant level of self-satisfaction or constructive influence...

Humans are social beings. I am more solivagant than most and will not live with the danger of such things in the probability field, but I will begrudge no one else of their attempt if they want to be mumpsimus. My life is predicated on the very hope that I one day might do something worth more than just giving up and donating my cadaver to science. B5 is but a randomly chosen example of a greater awareness of my shortfalls however, I hadn't taken that test at the time when I began to withdraw, it came out of seeing my poor behavior as a child or teenager and owning up to the fact that my flaws were a serious and permanent part of my person, and that they could not be blamed on the behavior of others when I was impressionable so much as the decisions I had made myself and continue to make even now that disadvantage me in respect to better individuals.

According to a recent study from DePauw University adults with the biggest grins in their college yearbook pictures were up to five times less likely to be divorced decades later than those who looked less happy. No matter how well my life might be going my enjoyment is always touched upon somewhat by thoughts of state executions of the innocent, anorexic pre-teens, the night janitor in a building I used to study in on occasion who would almost burst into tears upon seeing me because he was so lonely and almost never spoke to anyone, all manner of such things- I really appreciate sensual pleasures thanks to my heightened awareness, so for me taking a hot shower or feeling a very soft blanket are more intense or pronounced experiences in the sense of Epicureanism (with Mill probably the two philosophers who have had the biggest indirect impact on my life), but gloomy shadows remain in the back of my mind. As they should! The world is a sad place in some respects.

No comments:

Post a Comment