Monday, October 18, 2010

Why do corporate consumer databases think that you are an Eskimo woman?

I lie on information-gathering surveys and attempt to mess up demographic models as often as possible when presented with the choice, because I believe in people’s right to privacy. Since I wasn't sure whether I was ever going to need to become a spy or black market operative (or John Sunlight) during the eventual collapse of the global power structure I made a conscious effort not to appear in pictures, and if I was appearing not from straight-on angles with my full face visible since these could be used in later more sophisticated versions of facial-recognition software allowing me to be hunted through security cameras, personal
photos taken by tourists, and reflections to orbiting space satellites already being developed by Lockheed by the time that I was 12.

If you have a picture of me you might notice an unnatural demeanor if I was thinking at the time that the lens was too close to my face, I may have tried to modify the facial tracking-points in my visage or secondarily through human social engineering adopted a freakish expression of sorts to attempt to limit the camera's owner from showing the picture to a great extent, look at it, keep it, or worst of all post it on the internet.

Also for several years I checked out books at random to include with my actual selections, possibly with multiple illegal library cards (like a video on woodworking that I checked out fourteen weeks in a row), I visited websites or performed Google searches on things I should have no interest in to register cookies that made no sense (though most of the time I used a site called "Scroogle" before that got shut down).

No comments:

Post a Comment